The freshwater lakes and rivers of Central Canada make for an ideal summer adventure vacation. It is easy to understand why the native people called this region "Ontario" which is the Ojibway word meaning scenic lake. Ontario borders four of the five Great Lakes and boasts 20 percent of the world’s fresh water.
Our trip mixes adventure with relaxation and includes a Muskoka resort stay for two nights, a three-day guided canoe-camping expedition into Algonquin in search of moose and an exciting whitewater rafting trip on the Ottawa River.
I send you this picture of our kids enjoying the sunset in Killarney on our kayak trip. This shows you how much they loved the trip, which was beautiful and well organized.
-Luc Mertons, Canada
• Relax for two nights in the comfort of a Muskoka lakeside resort.
• Cruise Muskoka’s lakes in your own private watercraft.
• Paddle into the wilds on a 3-day Algonquin guided Canoe trip.
• Enjoy gourmet backcountry meals cooked in front of a campfire. Stunning campsites offer great base to swim, fish and photograph moose as the sun breaks through the misty morning.
• Howl for wolves and learn from seasoned guides.
• Raft through class 2 and 3 rapids, body surf, swim from your own floating island and feast on a great BBQ at the base of a 20’ waterfall.
• Sport Yak on the big waves of the Ottawa River. Surf Black’s Hole or try cliff jumping into the whitewater.
For the international travelers coming to Ontario for this trip. Hotel, car and pick up.
Two nights in a luxurious hotel in Canada’s capitol.